Overseas Employment Certificate (OEC) provides an exemption to Filipino overseas workers from paying travel tax (P1,620) and terminal fee (P550) in the Philippine airport. This became mandatory for OFWs to present an OEC after visiting the country and before going back to their places of work. This is under the POEA Rules and Regulations to help ensure that OFWs' are properly documented and protected.
Here is your guide in getting your OEC from the Philippine Embassy in Abu Dhabi
1. Bring your required documents.
-Copy of your contract, (Warning: there is no photocopy centre within the premises of the embassy), -Valid OWWA Membership document, proof of PAG-IBIG membership (PAG-IBIG Membership for a minimum of AED10.00 -mandatory coverage per RA 9679 or the Home Development Mutual Fund Law which took effect on 27 August 2009);
-OWWA Membership for AED92.00 (payment valid per contract duration at a maximum of 2 years);
2. Get your queue number and enter at the first room LEFT side of the embassy.
3. Fill out the Application Form
4. Pay OEC Processing fee of AED10.00 at the counter. They will ask for date of departure and arrival.
5. Wait for you name to be called to get your OEC.
Note: You must process your OEC as early as 8:00 AM so will finish it in just 15-30 minutes.
The Embassy is open Sundays to Thursdays 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.